I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Make It Work...

I was inspired this week to make a quilt that had a braided look.  (I think I may have been making way too many braided ribbon barrettes lately.)  The rows came out exactly how I envisioned them, but now I am not quite sure what to do with them.  Do I just trim them up, and add some sashing in between the rows, or do I try to connect the rows to give it more of a chevron look?  My one issue is the fabric.  It is made from flannel, receiving blanket to be exact and I don't want to manipulate it too much.  I am afraid it might stretch or pucker.  Right now it lays perfectly flat.

Well I guess it is off to the fabric store (with my little helper) to find some coordinating fabrics to try and make it work.  

P.S.  Yes I have been watching way too much Project Runway.  I just can't help myself.  :)   



7 comments:

  1. I love it so far and your helper has adorable little feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! i didn't even notice the feet til i read the above poster's comments :)

    i vote for the chevron look. i love a good chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I haven't embarked on the quilting world quite yet. I for sure want to. Excited to see what it turns out like!
    -Polly
    www.learnandgopollyco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you decide? I wonder if you trimmed the edges and then put sashing between the rows if that would help stabilize. Can't wait to see! Your little helper's feet are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. I think I'd match up the rows and wait to trim until you've sewn rows together. If you need to stabilize, a spray starch might prevent distortion.

    ReplyDelete