I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Since You Asked...

I decided to trim the edges and almost immediately regretted my decision.  Things didn't quite turn out how I had planned.

Oh well.  Lesson Learned. 


That not to say that I not happy with how the quilt turned out.  I am.  It is just not what I had envisioned in my head.  Next time I will be doing a couple of things differently.

One, more attention to detail, I am not trilled with the way the colors lined up in the zigzag.  Next time I will draw it out to better determine order of sewing.

Two, I rough cut the rectangles so connecting the rows, to give it a Chevron look, didn't work.  That was OK though because I really did want a solid color in between the rows.

So I guess it is back to the drawing board....


3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job and you learned lots ... big accomplishment!! What happened when you trimmed the edges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still is a beautiful quilt. If you hadn't pointed out what you consider faults, everybody would think it turned out as planned. Next time - shhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out lovely, this just gives you a chance to do it again :O)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.