I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Bouncing Spider Halloween Decorations


Do you like my cute little bouncing spiders?  Do you want to make one for yourself?  Follow along it's super easy! 


You will need:
  • a scrap of cardboard and a compass
  • 3 - 2" strips of black tulle
  • 4 black pipe cleaners
  • a length of 1/4" black elastic (length is determined on how and where it will be hung)


First you will need to cut your cardboard into circles to make your tulle pom poms.  I set my compass to about 3" to make the outer circle and then I set it to about 1 1/2" to make the inside circle. 


Place the 2 cardboard circles together and wrap the tulle strips around and around till you have used up all 3 of them.  (If you use the tulle with glitter like I did you might want to do this part outside.  When you are wrapping it around the your pom pom maker it will sprinkle glitter everywhere.)  Once you have that done take your scissors, placing the blade in between the 2 cardboard rings, and cut all the way around.


Before removing the cardboard from your tulle, slip your 4 pipe cleaners through the center of your pom pom maker.  Then take your 1/4" elastic and wrap that all the way around your tulle in between your 2 cardboard rings, and tie tight.  At this point it should look like the picture above.  Next you are going to fluff out your tulle to make a full pom pom and bend the pipe cleaners to make them look like spider legs.  

That's it, your done.  Now you have one cute little bouncing spider you can hang from just about anywhere around the house.  Happy Halloween! 

4 comments:

  1. Super cool and I know my girls would love these spiders. Thanks for sharing the tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project. It would be a fun craft to make with my daughter. I love your glittery tulle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great project! Definitely gonna save for my followers for next year! Happy New Year!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was browsing for unique and awesome Indoor/Outdoor halloween decorations and saw your posts. Fun & great ideas you have here. I hope it's fine with you that I could pin some of them on my Pinterest board halloween decorations. Keep up writing interesting posts as this. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete