I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Machine Embroidery - A T-Shirt For Halloween

So can you guess what my little guy is going to be for Halloween?  That's right Cookie Monster!


I had to modify the traditional Cookie Monster costume to fit the climate here in Florida.  It is ironic, I remember my mom doing the same to make our costumes warmer for those chilly New England nights.  Now I have the opposite problem...it is just too HOT!  Today was around 85 degrees, if that gives you any indications. 

Anyways, I thought I would add a little embroidery to his shirt, and I wanted to share.


T-shirts are generally easy to embroider, as long as you have the right supplies.  Of course, you will need a t-shirt, a soft, cut-away stabilizer, temporary spray adhesive, and a water soluble stabilizer such as Solvy. 

My two cents:  I know that, I don't have to use a product like Solvy on knits because there is no nap to the fabric, but since I am using a soft stabilizer, I find it is a good way to strengthen the design.

Now lets prepare your t-shirt...


Using your temporary spray adhesive to adhere the soft cut-away stabilizer to the wrong side of your shirt.


Then on the right side of your shirt use the temporary spray adhesive to adhere the water soluble stabilizer to your shirt.


Hoop your shirt to the desired placement, and your ready to go.

Happy Halloween!


2 comments:

  1. HI,im visiting from sunday social. Im your newest follower =) I am learning to sew and embroider so Im lovin it here. Please visit my lil blog http://rockstarcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice article about Machine Embroidery..i simply want to say you that i loved your post about Machine Embroidery .
       Best embroidery on t shirt

    ReplyDelete