I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Bread


It is feeling a little bit like fall around here.  Well not outside, I think the high is going to be somewhere around 80-85 degrees today and the only fall foliage we have is the grass that has turned brown from lack of rain.  Inside though, the house is all decorated for Halloween and the warm smell of Peanut Butter Banana Bread is coming from the oven.  So, today I thought I would share a family favorite. 

Peanut Butter Banana Bread 
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan. 
In a small bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, with a mixer at medium speed beat, peanut butter, eggs, and banana until smooth.
Then with mixer at a low speed beat in flour mixture.
Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

My Dad likes to have his banana bread still warm, with a layer of peanut butter smothered on top.  Mmmm, the memories.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh!! I've never tried it with peanut butter before! That sounds delightful! I'm going to have to have to "forget" to eat a few of out of the bunch I got!
    Amie @ http://www.kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.