I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sew Scrap Along

Here is a quick sneak peak of what I have been working on for Jodi's Sew Scrap Along over at Pleasant Home.  I have to admit sometimes I go to the beat of a different drummer.  This isn't exactly the quilt she is doing in her quilt along....I got a little head of myself....so this will be the quilt I will be working on.  I did plan on doing her quilt too, but least face it, with 3 kids, and Halloween less than a week away, there are only so many hours in the day.


Anyways, we left off with a pile of these...


....then they turned into these.  They almost stayed as these, but then I had to go and...


...add corners.  Nice Huh?

Now they (once I trim them up) will be a 9" block.  I am not quite sure what my next step will be.  I think I will either, piece the blocks together as they are, so there will be a white square in between the pinwheels or sashing them with the white.  Once the kiddos are all snug in there beds I will lay them all out and try and make a decision.  

Any suggestions? 
 

4 comments:

  1. I am totally loving it! I am glad that you added the corners! It will be interesting to see what you decide to do.

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm a scrappy kinda girl, and love the look of this. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! I vote for no sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great scrappy blocks! Can't wait to see the completed quilt top.

    ReplyDelete