I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Work-in-Progress Wednesday

  Freshly Pieced has introduced a Work-in-Progress Wednesday link-up. 

Love it! 

My life is filled with projects not yet completed, for one reason or another....

The Scrap Quilt, I have been working on for Jodi's Sew Scrap Along, though it is not her quilt, she was reason I started it.  I love the idea of making a quilt every year using your scraps.  What a great way to keep your stash in check and have a quilt that has all the scraps of all your past projects.  I don't know about you but some of my favorite fabrics are often given away in the form of gifts.  This is a great way keep a little square for yourself.

Sadly, I am still squaring up my blocks.  Such a tedious task, but in the end, well worth the trouble.  :)


My Apple Core Quilt, this has definitely been a challenge.  Between piecing the whole thing together by hand, (yes, I am crazy), and a two year old that is always getting into my basket, I haven't made much progress on this quilt in a while.  It has been put away for another day, but that's OK, because don't we quilt and create for the pure joy it brings us?


Of course there are the projects on my To-Do List that I need to start....

The curtains for my daughters room.



Then there are the baby bibs that need to be embroidered.  These are for a craft show coming up in December.  Can you say Deadline!


And of course there are the projects I dream of doing....

11 comments:

  1. Your projects are so beautiful! I can't wait to see your scrap quilt! I love the idea of a quilt made every year out of your scraps! Maybe next year I will attempt it, but definitely not starting one this year. I am already in over my head! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the apple core quilt and those bibs are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scrap quilt idea! Can't wait to see it when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! That apple core quilt looks CHALLENGING. I don't know, hand-piecing something like that might really be the best way to do it, right? Love the colors in it.

    I too am totally on board with the yearly scrap quilt thing. Love it!

    Thanks for joining WIP Wednesday. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple core is another scary one for me that I might try out on a mug rug. I love your fabrics! Your scrap quilt looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many projects, so little time! Yep..I got the same problem. When you find the answer please share it with me.

    Love everything so far,
    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scrap quilt is awesome! How are you doing your seams for the bulk in the center?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I made my first big scrap quilt last Spring, and LOVE it! And exactly for the same reason... you get to remember some of the quilts you give away. I also try to make little fabric bowls from scraps of quilts I give away, plus lately, I've been making Christmas presents, and it's been fun to try to incorporate the same fabric into as many different relative's quilts as possible. Yep, FUN STUFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm making an Apple Core too, by hand. If you fold each piece in half & make a notch at the top & bottom and then refold again & make a notch on both sides you will find it's much easier. I 1st pin the middle then each side then fill in the rest. It's great for taking with you to Dr appointments, riding on the bus, etc.
    Fondly, Etty Robinson

    ReplyDelete