I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Monday, December 27, 2010

How was your Christmas?

Mine has been very quiet and relaxing...which is a gift within itself.  I hosted the family dinner on Christmas day and recovered from it yesterday.  LOL!  I am glad things will be getting back to normal soon and that the kids are home this week from school.  We don't have anything too exciting planned but I enjoy the chance to do the little things, like going to the playground, cooking, and Lego's.  My daughter got a lot of "craft stuff" for Christmas - a child after her mother's heart - So I have a feeling I will be making lots of Shrinky Dinks, bracelets, and bottle caps.  It was really was quite cute, in her letter to Santa she asked for "craft stuff and real lipstick."    

 One of the things I got for Christmas was uninterrupted time to sew.  I know jealous, huh?  It was heaven!

For a while now I been thinking about miniature quilts and HST, and how to make HST miniature.  I think I finally figured them out and will share later this week...or next depending on the kids.  :)


So, once I had a pile of these....


....I started making these, 36 HST and it is only an 8" block, Wow!


A little perspective. 

I really enjoyed pushing the "quilting" envelope, and will definitely be making more of these.

Happy Holidays!

3 comments: