Sunday, December 19, 2010

Machine Embroidery - Note Cards

Machine embroidery on paper is easier than it looks, all you need is a design that is fairly open to punch out.  I am using a butterfly that I found here


To get started you will need:
Colored 8 1/2" by 11" Card stock - cut in half
White 8 1/2" by 11" Card stock - cut into 3 1/2" by 5" rectangles
Sticky - or similar self-adhesive, tear-away stabilizer product



Hoop your Sticky and tear away the top layer so the sticky is exposed.  Place your white card stock rectangle on the sticky and with a pencil lightly mark your center.  Load your hoop into your machine, making sure your needle lines up with your center mark, and punch out your design.


Remove from your hoop and cut away excess Sticky, leaving the remaining Sticky on the back of your card stock.  Mount it on your colored card stock and sew around the edges, then fold in half. 


Perfect for gifts or handwritten notes to our loved ones!

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I sew paper with my machine every once in a while... My sewing machine tech guy screams at me not to sew paper... I play dumb. He knows I'm totally fibbing! I am glad to see somebody do WAY cool stuff with paper!
    I will be featuring this tomorrow as one of my party favs!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest happy follower.
    http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is sooo neat...haven't tried embroidery...would have to buy another new machine, eh........lol......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I found you at Pinkapotamus and I am loving your blog! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express giveaway and my link party that are both going on this week! Keep up the great blogging and happy holidays! -Dana

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project and the 50s art in your header...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursdays!

    {following you now}

    :)
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic... now I just have to work on hubby for an upgrade to get an embroidery machine!
    -am happily following your blog, come stop by and say hi at
    The Quick Unpick
    Cheers & happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh! As I am browsing to write the info for your feature, I spotted the notecard you sent!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are beautiful! I wish I could embroider on my machine. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great idea! Your only problem will be that no one will believe you made it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up to Your Way Wednesday! I featured this post on my blog today www.ellebellecreative.com

    ReplyDelete