I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Monday, January 17, 2011

An Experiment Gone Right

Lately, it seems nothing has gone right around here, so I wasn't too optimistic about sewing today but, I had a couple of things I have been working on that needed to be finished.  See, I'm not a big fan of little projects creating piles and collecting dust.  I literally dragged myself into the sewing room (aka the corner of my bedroom) and sat down in front of the machine with a *humph* and pick the first thing that caught my eye. 

I have been toying with the idea of using prairie points to create flying geese but was very unsure of how it was all going to play out.  A lot of my experiments lately having been coming out as planned.....



...but I LOVE how this came out. 

It is hard to see in the picture but, adding the prairie points adds some weight or body to the quilt.  Of course this quilt is only about 11" by 17" but I totally loving the texture it created.  Then, since things were going my way I pulled out some scraps and quilted the darn thing. 


Clearly my machine quilting still needs a little help but, these triangles were calling out to be embellished.  If only I had some beads on hand....no wait, that might be over doing it.

Anyways, I think I will add this to my Building Block Series.  Stay tuned, I will be posting a tutorial soon.  You'll die when you find out how easy these things are. 


4 comments:

  1. you make me laugh....and that's a good thing...I enjoy the way you explain things..you make it fun to read...please continue...anxious for the tutorial.....have a great day!! And it does look very nice with the flying geese...gives it depth......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when a plan comes together. My sewing room is the kitchen usually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The word "RAD" comes to mind when I see this!
    Hopped over From Sew Much Ado Linky Party!
    Http://accomplishingmotherhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete