I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Favorite Quilt Challenge


Paula at Paula's Sewing Challenges is having another challenge. 

This time she wants you to share your favorite quilt or wall hanging.  The challenge ends January 9th so hurry up and head on over.  There is even a cute little mug caddy with some goodies for one lucky winner.

Sew without further ado....


My Summer on Cape Cod Quilt.

I love this quilt for many reasons.  There are the sentimental reasons, and the personal quilting milestones, that make this quilt so special.  

First, Cape Cod represents Independence for me.  A break from the shadow of my sisters to spread my wings and find my way.  It is where I went to high school, worked my first job, and where I meet my husband. 
As for the quilting milestones...
I worked on this quilt on and off for 3 years, not always sure of the direction I was going to take.  It was the first time I did this type of hand embroidery, it is hand quilted, and even the binding is done by hand.



2 comments:

  1. The embroidery on this looks great. One day I'll be brave enough to try it!

    ReplyDelete