I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finished!

I am so excited, my miniature HST quilt is finished. 



A close up of the machine quilting.  Thanks to all that made suggestion about which kind of thread to use.  I ended up using 100% cotton white thread and I think it came out pretty good.  


The back is from the Nicey Jane collection by Heather Baily.


And on the wall. 

Of course now that it is up, painting the walls in this room has been bumped way up on my "things that need to be done around the house" list.  My husband will be thrilled.  I always wanted to make a quilt special for this wall but now I think I want to start a collection of small quilts and display them here.  My lonely quilt need some friends. 

Today I am linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story.

13 comments:

  1. YOu should be very proud of it...it looks perfect on your wall.....and 100% cotton is the way to go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The colors are beautiful together - and I love that you did a miniature version. HSTs have been on my list of things to do for a while - now I'm even more inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such tiny triangles! I love it. What a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a sucker for quilts in this pattern! Looks great on your wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously awesome! anything miniature makes me smile. i think that's why i love those sanrio stores in the mall (you know - hello kitty stuff)
    :)

    thanks for coming my blog! any suggestions on the fabric swap?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's really lovely. Nice job! I'm inspired to make one of these myself someday, thanks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quilt. The quilting really sets if off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilt! Beautiful colours and a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! The quilt makes the wall ... so it will probably make the room! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete