I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday

There is so much to catch up on this week... 

It is hard to believe I have been this productive but as I begin to write this I realize why my house is such a disaster and the is still laundry on the couch to be folded.  Oh well!

First, a little swap love!


I few weeks back the Scrappy Pin Cushion Swap started and I was very excited to participate. This being my first swap and all. My contribution is still under wraps until I send it out but yesterday I received my pin cushion and a few goodies. Aren't they delicious? I couldn't be happier, she did an excellent job, the piece work is amazing.


On to other things... the memory quilt I have been working is coming together nicely.  I have all the blocks together and now I am ready to sash, but I can't quite decide between white or light pink.  What do you think? 


I also worked on my first paper pieced string quilt.  It was definitely out of my comfort zone.  I think my biggest problem with it is how it moved through my machine.  It wasn't as smooth as I am use to, but last week  Cheryl suggested I try muslin as a foundation instead of paper.   Next time I will give that a try because I think I will like that better.  Now I am left with all this paper to remove, and quite frankly I am not looking forward to that. 


My Miniature HST quilt is finished and even hung on the wall. 
 I know, how exciting is that! 
You can read more about this quilt here and here, and if you are inspired to make one of your own, check out how to make these Miniature HSTs here.


Sadly my scrap quilt still sits untouched and unloved. 

Hope everybody has a happy WIP Wednesday and I can't wait to catch up on all that you guys have going on.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 

11 comments:

  1. Wow! You have accomplished a lot lately. I too am doing the scrappy pin cushion swap, haven't made mine yet. Excited for you that you received yours.... It is very sweet, love the package! I am working on getting that started today! Cross your fingers that I get inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, your scrap quilt sits untouched?!? When would you have possibly found the time to work on it? Love the mini 1/2 square triangles. So sweet. And I prefer to piece on muslin without a doubt!

    And White sashing is my opinion. It;ll make he blocks pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your string blocks look really cool! Paper piecing is a different process, but the finished result will be incredible. And I vote for white sashing on the memory quilt.

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a great week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think your paper pieced blocks look great, but I agree with you I wouldn't want to pull off all that paper either! Congrats on getting so much done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking all these fresh colours. I see you have both white and pink on some of the block edges so I'm reconsidering white. The pink should be a bit different than the solid pink I see. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your string blocks are very cute. You have been a busy girl this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - you've done a lot this week. Cut yourself some slack on the scrap quilt! Of the two choices you have offered, I would choose to sash the memory quilt in white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would choose to sash the memory quilt in white too. I think pink would take away from the other pink in the quilt.
    You have been busy! Be proud of yourself!
    About your string blocks, did you have the stitch length at 2.0?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have been busy. I organized my stash yesterday and did little else. I guess I better get busy and be more creative. As far as the sashing, I think white will make it pop. Pink will make it look as if there was no sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your miniature quilt is so beautiful. I work mostly with 100% cotton, so I am not able to get to that tiny of a quilt block.

    Your work is beautiful and the color choices are exceptional.
    Keep on quilting.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.