I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Next Time I Will Follow the Directions....

.....when using Velcro, because not all Velcro is created equal.

On the directions it clearly states:  not recommended for fabrics, sewing, dashboards, flexible vinyl, underwater use, and on and on....

Did I care?  No, of course not.  I figured really?  I have sewn threw extra thick stabilizer and quarter inch cork on this baby and never had a problem.  What's a little piece of Velcro going to do?

Well I guess my luck ran out.....

because after about 3 or 4 stitches my machine made this horrible sound as if the gears were grinding or worse that the gears were stuck.

Noooooooooo!!!! 

I must admit my heart stop beating for a second with thought of my baby being hurt. 


So, after untangling the thread and getting/cutting the fabric piece out, I was still on the verge of tears because let me tell you it was in. there. good!  It wasn't till I took my machine all apart and adjusted a few things did breathe a sigh of relief.  Seriously, I  thought she was a goner.  Of course, I don't think it helped that there was about a pound of fuzz under the bobbin casing.  So, she then got a good cleaning and some oil.  Now, I think I will let her rest for a bit because quite frankly I am afraid to use her.  She needs some time to heal.  :)

Deep breath iiiin....and ooout....

OK, on to happier news hop on over to Pinkapotamus and check me out! 

I helping Amie out with a guest post as she recovers from surgery.  Amie, I hope all went well and you are feeling better.  XOXO

5 comments:

  1. I hate that noise! I'm glad that you were able to rescue your machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't wear glasses - it's a flying bit of broken needle that scares me more than that grinding angry noise. Do consider putting in a new needle - that one may be bent even if it doesn't look like it. Hand crank it a couple of times to make sure it goes down without hitting the plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing worse than a sick sewing machine. Hope it works fantastically the next time you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! That's a scary noise. Hopefully she's OK now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah, that's an awful, gut-wrenching sound. Hope she's OK when you go back to using her.

    ReplyDelete