I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

For some reason I have been doing a lot of late night sewing.  Normally I would say that there is not much wrong with that except that if your a blogger, you know, late nights = bad pictures. I made some super cute holiday extra large hot pads for my 13 x 9 casserole dishes.  These have been on my mental list for a while now, because it is a running joke in my house that I never have enough serving spoons or hot pads.  Sew, I thought I should remedy that.  Now just need to get to the store for serving spoons...... 


Something else that I have been working on is this memory quilt.  The quilt top is done and I am loving how it came out!  Thanks for all the advice on the lt. pink vs. white.  I bit the bullet and went with the white.  Now I am ready to quilt, maybe this weekend.  :)

Oh, and BTW I never did figure out the feet.  After a few failed experiments, and then talking to my friend (she commissioned me to do this quilt), we decided to skip it. 


Next is another pin cushion.  I joined the pin cushion swap over at Cara Quilts.  My partner is new to sewing and blogging so I wanted to put a few goodies with it.  Any suggestions?  Maybe some needles this time instead of pins or perhaps some fabric? 


Lastly, I have been working on hand quilting my scrap quilt.  I am happy to report it is almost there.  I even put together some scraps to do the binding.  I can't wait to see how that comes out. 


11 comments:

  1. That quilt turned out nice with the white.I like it. That is a very cute pincushin!

    Some extras...I think some of those, "oh I wish I had one of/more of those" items, like:
    disappearing ink pens, thread snips (I love my pink Cutter Bee scissors), pocket tape measure, bobbin holder, empty bobbins, neutral thread spools, quilt clips, square ruler, machine needles, basting pins, quilt labels.
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The memory quilt is so cute. That's too bad that you couldn't figure out what to do with the feet! And your pincushion looks great.

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white sashing on the memory quilt! Your scrap quilt is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!Thank you so much for your comment - I'm happy to meet you and your lovely blog!
    Your memory quilt is so beautiful and I love the scrap quilt...I would like to make that!
    I shall enjoy reading your blog! Wishes from Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pincushion is great! Extras: maybe seam ripper, needles some aurifil??
    Love your scrap quilt. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely projects! Wow! The scrap quilt and the memory quilt are just stunning!

    For a gift, why not embroidery or quilting floss, thread? and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo, I love the colors in the memory quilt, Spring is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scrap quilt is really beautiful! I can't wait to see it with your hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work! Maybe for your swap partner....as easy pattern, some fabric or some basic notions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, by the way, where are you in Florida? I grew up in the Bradenton area?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quilt. How about scissors on a ribbon to go with the pincushion. That way you can snip the threads while you are sewing. You have been one busy woman and I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.