I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

This week has been all about catching up with my swaps and getting them out into the mail.  Then stalking the mailman.  Seriously, I haven't been this excited to see the mailman since I was a kid.


I sent out my scraps for Sew Sara Scrap Swap and have been receiving some in return.  I swear I could spend hours going through fabric.  I makes me want to start another scrap quilt.... maybe an Irish Chain.  Ohhh that sounds like fun.  It has been ages since I made one of those.  Oops sorry I am rambling...back to the swap. 

Karen (on the right) and I are definitely on the same wave length.  There was more than one print in her pile that I seen in my stash over the years.  And Genie (on the left) included a cute little coffee cozy that she made for me.  How sweet was that!  She even included the instructions.  I hope they enjoy opening my scraps as much as I have enjoyed opening theirs.


Last week I asked for suggestions for some goodies to go along with my Pin Cushion, for the swap over at Cara Quilts.  I got some great ideas and from that I had a brainstorm to make a needle book.  Then, of course, I got her some needles to go along with it.  Something we never think to buy but always need.  Sometimes I just need a little push in the right direction.
Thanks!  You Girls Rock!


Here is a picture of the inside. 

 Also, I am going to put together a tutorial for the pin cushion and needle book but will wait to post them till after my partner receives her goodies.  That seems only fair.

Have a minute?  See what others are up to.
Work in Progress Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.


7 comments:

  1. Love that pin cushion and needle book. Very cute. And yes, I heart my mailman too. We are in a new house and I think this guy thinks I'm crazy because I"m always answering the door before he even rings the bell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, scraps. I was in the swap too, but have yet to receive mine. I agree that it is fun to anticipate the mail each day. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! What a lovely packet with patches! Your pin cushion and needle book are lovely! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I would love a tutorial for the pincushion!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to let you know that I posted your guest post on my blog today! Stop by and check it out @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/03/guest-post-ann-girl-in-paradise.html

    Love the upcycled tie idea! Thanks for sharing with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know! I'm anxiously awaiting my doll quilt from the DQS swap - every time I go to the mailbox, I get as excited as my kids on Christmas morning! Alas, I haven't found it yet. : ) That needle book and pin cushion are just so darn cute. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.