I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

Finally finished!  Yeah! 

I got my act together and started quilting this bad boy last weekend....and have been working on it ever since.  Little by little, as I found some time, here and there.  I got it done.  Even stayed up late last night to get the binding done.  Now, I just need to wash it, but I wanted to get my pictures in while the light was good. 


I am really pleased with how it came out.  I was able to include to include most of the details that my friend wanted including a ruffled bum, some bibs and a blanket grandma made.  I hope she likes it.  This is always the most nerve racking part....waiting to get the final appoval.


Here is the back, where I showcased the patchwork flannel blanket, that was a gift from the baby's grandmother.  I must admit I felt horrible taking the blanket apart.  The whole thing was hand stitched, but my friend really wanted it included in the quilt.  One of the main reasons was that it well loved and well washed, and starting to show some signs of wear.  Better to have it included in the quilt than have it get lost or ruined over the years. 


Here is my next project, another commissioned baby memory quilt.  I can't wait to get started.  I have my drawing ready and will be meeting with her this weekend to go over what she wants for this quilt. 

Linking up to Work in Progress Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

11 comments:

  1. That is really a cute quilt! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the quilt and the idea of the memory quilt. I have heard of the memory quilt but seeing the stack of baby clothes makes the idea more dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That came out so lovely. The colors looks so good together. you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out really well! How many memory pieces did you end up using? (I'm thinking about starting something similar, but am not sure how to set it up. There are tons of pieces I'd like to use...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I am making a crazy quilt out of my girl's old clothes right now. I think I am liking the simplicity of yours better - Oh well, I am sure there will be more used clothing in the future I can sew together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty! I think she will LOVE the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm sure she'll just love it! How could she not? It turned out great. I really want to do this with my girls' clothes someday.

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this quilt, it is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete