Friday, April 15, 2011

Personalized Easter Eggs

Like most crafters I have a bucket list of things I would love to try.  Item 634 is blowing out eggs and decorating the shells for Easter.  Just kidding!  I don't list the projects that I want to try anymore.  I lost count years ago.  Now, I just create when inspiration strikes.  It makes life much easier.  :)


I have to say the eggs were much easier to blow out than I thought they would be.  I used combination of a couple of tutorials I found online.  There are a million of them.  Trust me, I am sure you can find one that incorporates things you already have on hand. 


When I started my quest to blow out eggs and decorate them I wasn't quite sure the direction I wanted to go in till I came across this tutorial from Martha.  If she could do it with napkins, surely I could do it with tissue paper, right?

So, I tempted fate again and ran tissue paper, (taped to copy paper), through the ink jet printer and printed out some names and some coordinating flowers.  Then I cut out the images, removing as much as the excess tissue paper as I could.


I used Mod Podge to adhere the tissue to the egg, let it dry, and then gave it an extra coat for good measure. 

Which was awwwe-some! 

 This was my first time using Mod Podge and now I am totally hooked.  Not only am I dreaming of what else I can stick to an egg using this stuff, I am dreaming about all the different things that can be done with it.  Did you know there is even entire blogs devoted to this stuff?  My favorite would have to be Mod Podge Rocks!


I let them dry in between coats by using a bamboo skewer and standing them up in a cup. 

Now, of course, since my mind is always wondering I think I would like to make these for my entire family and use them as place settings for Easter dinner.  Good thing I am not hosting this year.  I would need more time to complete that project and besides my kids are sick of eating scrambled eggs for dinner.  :)

22 comments:

  1. These are GORGEOUS!! I love them!! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful. I hear you about that list. I am sure someday a tenth of my list will get completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those turned out absolutely precious! Great idea with the tissue paper. I hope you can stop by and link this up to my VIP party today! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever and they are wonderful. I also have lists in my head and the list keeps growing and the energy does not. Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love them!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You really blew out your own eggs? I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! You have more patience than me, my crafty friend. They are quite beautiful.

    Visiting from C.O.M.
    -Jennifer
    allthingsbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful! Every post I read about modgepodge pushes me a step closer to trying it myself!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love!!!!! must check out those tutorials on blowing out eggs, my head nearly exploded last week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mod Podge is the best! Your eggs are adorbs. Now I have to google "blowing out eggs" cause I will admit... No idea what that entails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a cute idea!!!
    Come and link up your idea at our What I Made Wednesday Linky Party!

    Alisa
    Sweet Peas and Bumblebees
    sweetpeasandbb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing @ Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely easter decors! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look great! The tissue decors are quite perfect and so personalized. I will definately have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute and how special for the person receiving it! I've featured you on my post 'eggs, REAL eggs! A tribute to the real egg on Easter':

    http://jelly-bean-dream.blogspot.com/2011/04/eggs-real-eggs.html

    Thanks for sharing :)
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty and worth the extra effort since you'll be able to save them for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was your first time using ModPodge...wow, those eggs turned out fabulous!

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back again this week!

    ReplyDelete