Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

On my sewing table this week.....


Completed bee blocks, for A Twist on Tradition Bee.  Well actually they were done and sent out a while ago, but I never got a chance to catch you guys up with a WIP post last week. Sorry, it is what it is. :)


A start of another quilt? Of course! I did a few practice blocks before I did my bee blocks and before I knew it I was hooked. Be sure to stay tuned, because I am still going through my stash to add more colors.  Hopefully it will be a gift for my BFF from high school.  She lives 2,000 miles away and still spoils me rotten.  I am going to need an extra special thank you gift for when I see her this summer.

Not to get off subject but I made her a afghan, {cough, cough} too many years ago, and it is still gets used, and let me tell you it has been loved to death.  The poor thing has been around longer than her husband and now her daughter trying to stake her claim to it.  I have offered many times to make her a new one but she won't have it.  So, maybe an addition instead of a replacement is in order.


Then, of course if you have bee blocks going out, you must have fabric coming in. I got my package in the mail yesterday and can't wait to get started. We are doing a 4x4 patch block that includes hst's in our choice of layout. Heaven! I can't wait to get started.


Last but not least.... I sent out my finished pouch for the Pretty {little} Pouch Swap. I have a whole new respect for people who make and sell these. They can be tricky if not paying attention to the details. I hope my partner likes them. I used this tutorial for the box pouch and this tutorial for the coin purse. I modified them a bit to fit my needs but for the most part I followed the directions.
Also, one little tid-bit I learned if you don't have interfacing on hand, canvas/duck cloth works great. 

7 comments:

  1. Those pouches are SO CUTE! Love those little scooters! And your hourglass blocks are beautiful. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the hourglasses are lovely! Really, really happy and can't wait to see them grow.

    The pouches are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm in love with your scooter pouches! They're perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those pouches are so super cute. You did such a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pouches you made - your partner will be so happy!
    And your hourglass blocks are wonderful - I love hourglass quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blocks are beautiful!! And the scooter fabric s SOOO cute! I'm in that swap too, better get my butt in gear! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too thought about making more hourglasses - maybe all red and white like the quilt show in NYC? I love all of the colors!

    ReplyDelete