I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Mosaic Monday - I Heart the 80's

That's right I joined another swap.  I know, what's wrong with me?  I have too much on my plate as it is, but this one seemed like fun.  Especially if you are a child of the 80's like me.  As I put together this mosaic the memories came flooding back. 

Jelly Bracelets - Our version of those horrible silly bands that I ran out and bought my kids right away because my mom didn't buy us any Jelly Bracelets till the fad was just about over.  The horror of it all.  Scared for life because my wrist were naked in the second grade.  :)

Leg Warmers and Roller Skates - I had Leg Warmers that my Mom made for me, that's right I get my craftiness from her, and though I didn't have the cool lace-up roller skates like in the picture I did have the adjustable one that you wore over your sneakers.  I spent many of a summer afternoon racing down the "Big Hill". 

PitFall!  OMG!  I had totally forgotten about that game.   


1. Jelly Bracelets - JELLCV - for Bulk Vending, 2. Swatch Watch, 3. 80's images - leg warmers/roller skates, 4. Friendship, circa 1982, 5. Pacman_Ghosts_DQS10, 6. 3 Corners, 7. Pitfall, 8. Cousins and Friendship Bracelets., 9. michael jackson thriller album cover, 10. Ghostbusters - Logo - Movie Poster, 11. Lisa Frank unicorn, 12. Speak & Spell

I could go on forever on my trip down memory lane but in an effort to keep this short I will leave you with one last antidote about my childhood in hopes you will get to know me better.....

GhostBusters scared the H-E-double hockey sticks out of me!  To this day I WILL NOT throw anything into a dark room.  I will ALWAYS turn on a light first.  I have an irrational fear that I will upset or be attacked by the monster from that movie.  My sisters, of course have used this fact to torment me over the years and my husband just thinks it is HYSTERICAL!  He calls me on it all the time.

There I said it.  Put it out there.  Maybe now I can get the help that I need.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh the memories. Simpler times. The speak and spell alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAAAhhhh!! I just had a major moment! Thank you! LOL I had totally forgotten about the Speak and Spell! :) Such fun times . .

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.