I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Garden Friends - A Finished Quilt

I took a little blogging break this week to work on this quilt.  After a rocky start, a few design issues, and finally a moment of clarity, I made my way through and I am very happy with the results.


I really enjoyed working with this fabric line by Jay McCarroll.  I used a 9-patch block design in the positive and negative, in a 3 x 4 layout with a border.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take picture of the individual blocks.  If you are interested I could make a couple of more so you can see.  Just let me know.


I was really proud of myself because I stepped out side my comfort zone and quilted this using an all over stipple design.  I used a variegated rainbow thread by Superior.  Wow!  What a difference the right thread makes.  My machine really liked this thread much better than cotton for FMQing.


The back was pieced using the leftover selvage and some matching blue and green.  Sorry, but I didn't write down the color names.  This week was all about the sewing not the details. 


Quilt Details:
Fabrics: Garden Friends by Jay McCarroll and a matching blue and green solid
Finished Quilt Measurements: 35" x 45"
Block and Piecing: 9-patch block in the positive and negative, in a 3 x 4 layout with a border
Quilting: All over stippling in a rainbow thread

3 comments:

  1. Great finish! Congrats on the stipple! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling quilt! Good for you on the all-over quilting! (still a goal of mine) Nice job on the back too!

    ReplyDelete