Monday, June 27, 2011

We interrupt regular schedule programming…..

....to bring you this little tid bit I happened upon this morning.  I am not much of a baker so if this is something that is already known I apologize.  I was just a little proud of myself, so I thought I would share. 

First a little back story...

Today is my daughters birthday and like the good mother that I am, I wanted to make her some cupcakes so we could celebrate her birthday after dinner tonight. 


Did I have regular cupcake papers in the pantry?  No, of course not just these jumbo ones.


So, short of taking a shower and dragging 3 kids to the store, I popped them into my cupcake pan and filled them a little more than halfway....

...and here is the cool thing I accidentally found out.....

If you use jumbo papers in a regular pan it uses all of your cake mix.  That's right ladies no leftover cakemix.  No having a second round of cupcakes to put in the oven.  How cool is that!?


The other bonus is that they didn't spill over onto the pan, so clean-up was a snap.

Now, I am hoping the rest of my day goes as smoothly and I can actually get some stuff done.  :)

Have a Great Day!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! thanks for sharing! I will keep my fingers crossed for you...that the rest of your day goes just as smoothly!

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who will do just about anything to avoid dragging my children to the store:) Thanks for the tip! I hope your daughter has a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete