Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

Welcome to Work in Progress Wednesday!

Well, the kids are officially home from school for the summer and sewing has come to a screeching halt, but today is my birthday and I plan to spend some time this afternoon at the sewing machine.  It is my birthday after all and I should be doing what a want, don't you think?


Besides I really need to get this memory finished and off my to do list.  I have been looking at it for far to long.  It has been quite a challenge, but after a couple of redesigns I think I am finally happy with it.


Barney and my nemesis (aka the onsie dress) have been my biggest problems.  Of course, these are important items that need to be included in the quilt.  So, I have decided that I will be making room for them on the back along with the other larger leftover pieces.


Thankfully, I did manage to get my June blocks for A Twist on Tradition quilting bee done.  Liz asked us to make these blocks for a king size quilt she is making.  Wow!  I can't wait to see it done.
Have a great week! I am linking up to Freshly Pieced, Work in Progress Wednesday.


14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! That's a cute memory quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I hope you're able to get lots of sewing in today and then enjoy time with those kids while you can :) I know it's hard for me to sneak in sewing time, but I have several nights that are "my time" after the baby is in bed so I can keep my sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute memory quilt! I hope you get plenty of time to enjoy your sewing time! Happy B-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, definitely should do what you want on your birthday!! Love your batiks blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you! You should get to sew all you want today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Enjoy your birthday sewing! I love that you're doing a memory quilt - what a cool idea.

    xo katie elizabeth
    ohheyylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! June is a great month! My birthday was Monday and I got to sew too! Have a wonderful day!

    Amy abcsemartin(at)yahoo(dot)com.....blogger is acting up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Memory quilts are how I got started quilting. We did one for a girl at work (we were all friends) and we all loved it so much we decided to do one for everyone! Mine even has the pocket of a pair of shorts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting the blocks done for the bee. Happy Happy b-day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, happy birthday! I can't think of a better way to spend it than sewing. : ) The memory quilt looks great. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! The blocks and Memory Quilt look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your birthday was happy!

    Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!

    I am your new follower!
    I love your Quilts!
    My mom loves making Quilts too. But she always sews them by hand.

    Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!

    Alia
    http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Late Birthday!

    My sewing has almost stopped too since school let out. Ugg. You would think school age children would be able to amuse themselves for awhile. No such luck! :)

    ReplyDelete