I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

Good morning!  How is everybody doing in blogland today?

This morning I took a little time to sketch out some ideas, do the math, and of course go through my bin of baby clothes.  That's right, I am just about start my next memory quilt, and since I don't have any commissioned work on my sewing table right now it is the perfect time to work on one for me, ummm... I mean one for my son.

This one will be for my oldest son.  It was kinda fun to go down memory lane with the kids this morning, share stories and amaze at the fact that he was actually that small as a baby.  Being a growing boy of 10 it is hard for any of us to wrap our brains around.  :) 


Also, I have been spending some time teaching my daughter to sew.  She got to pick out the fabrics and help design the layout.  We started small.  Just a wall hanging for this round.  I was a little extremely nervous about her finger being so close to a moving needle, but she did great.  I was amazed at how well her seams lined up.  I had prepared myself for worse, and afraid my OCD would kick in, but I was good and let her have a little creative freedom.


Well worth it, don't you think?  I am very proud of her, so I had to share.

Besides Momma also got to try out cutting fabric with her Cricut.  I had I tough time trying to figure that bad boy out, but I finally did.  So, I am putting together a little tutorial with the things I learned.  Hopefully I can save someone else the aggravation I went through.

Have a great week! I am linking up to Freshly Pieced, Work in Progress Wednesday

8 comments:

  1. That's a great job! Her wall hanging turned out very cute and it looks like she is a fast learner!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty little quilt! SHe picked out such nice, cheery fabric. :D Good for you for withstanding the OCDs while she worked. I know it's hard to hold back sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter did a great job! Her wallhanging sure will look great in her bedroom!
    Greetings
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter's wall hanging turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great creation. congratulations. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter's wall hanging is very cute, lovely colours and fabrics. Isn't it great that she wants to learn to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, it turned out great. I can't wait to start sewing with my girls! What a fun bonding experience.

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughters wall hanging came out so cute and she did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.