I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Drinking the Kool-aid on the Farm

That's right ladies I could no longer resist..... I had to join!


I may have some catching up to do, but I am Super Excited!!!  Thanks to all who encouraged me to join.  I have been on the fence for a while, but I am glad I finally made the commitment to join.


So, I checked out my book from the library and picked out some fabrics at the happiest place on earth.  Well, for a quilter.  :)


I printed out my templates and got started right away.  I big Thanks to lizquiltz for condensing all the templates into one15 page document.  You can find it in the Flickr Discussion Group.  It was a huge paper saver, 106 pages down to 15.  I think I may have saved a tree somewhere out there.


It may be week 5 over at the FWQAL but here in paradise it is only week 1 and here is what I got done, the Attic Window Block #1, the Basket Weave Block #4, and the Big Dipper Block #6.  As you can see I have already abandoned my plan to do all the blocks in order.  Oh well, what can you do?  I think I may need to add a few more colors to my stash....some solids maybe to go with the prints.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. They're beautiful! Your fabric choices are perfect for these blocks. You are going to looooove this QA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to have to break down and make one. I wonder if my library has one? And the condensed templates? Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.