I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Farmers Wife Friday #2

I spent the better part of this week catching up and making blocks for the Farmers Wife Quilt Along.  I know I don't have to but I hate start a project one step behind.   It just sets me up for a fail later.  Besides it was a rough week and I really needed some quilt therapy. 

Here is what I have done so far....



I redid this one from last week, because the color combination was truly bothering me.  Besides, I think I really want to have a bit of the off white in every block, to keep the look cohesive, and the previous block had none.  Now, I am happy.  :)






Did anyone else have trouble with this one?  I had to do it a couple of times.  It keep shrinking down to under a 6" square.  Cutting out all 32 triangles each time was not fun either.  Thankfully when I was just about to throw in the towel.... the last one I did, came out correctly.  


Here is what they look like together. 

This has been a fun learning experience for me.  I have dusted off some of some the old piecing skills I haven't used in years and learned some new ones. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are really pretty. I've been thinking about joining in the Farmer's Wife fun, but haven't committed quite yet. I am really enjoying looking at everyone else's blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful! There have been a couple of times that I've thought about throwing in the towel, but I'm glad I've stuck with it...at least so far.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks. I'll be on the lookout for you on flickr. =)

    ReplyDelete