I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Reading through blogs...

The Next button has changed my BLOGGING life!  Pardon my french, but now that I have added it to my Favorites bar, I find it much easier to read and comment on my favorite blogs.   

 Don't get me wrong I didn't mind Google Reader, but I have a love/hate relationship to it.  I loved that you could read blogs quickly and when your time is limited that is a plus, but if you want to leave comments... Well that takes more time that I don't always have.

 I hate that Google Reader has made me a horrible comment poster.  OK, maybe that isn't Google Readers fault.  Maybe I am just lazy, but you must admit it can be a pain to scroll back up after you just read a post, to click the link to get back to the original blog post, then scroll back down to the end of the post, you just read, and leave a comment.  Phew!  That was a long winded sentence, but you catch my drift right? 

Beside I am a visual person and Google Reader is drab and boring.  I would must rather read through my blogs on bright colorful pages filled with crafty delights and useful links. 

If you want to add a NEXT button to your Favorites Bar check out this tutorial I ran across on Clover and Violet.

And because every blog post needs a picture....


Check back soon to see what I have done with these cute little postage stamp blocks....


7 comments:

  1. I too added the "next" button, and I love it! I SO prefer to see each blog in its proper element instead of google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for that info!! I too was doing all that scrolling to leave comments while using google reader. I really like the Next button!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So brilliant! Thanks for sharing!!! I had no idea you could do this, it makes for such a more enjoyable read when you can see the beautiful pages that bloggers like you work so hard to create. And I love the little postage stamp blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great!

    Although, I think my favorite part is what google writes when there are no new posts for you:
    "Congratulations, you've reached the end of this internet. Look for another?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! So much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just did this myself...thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.