I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Saturday

Is it sad that I am happy that my sister canceled our plans, my husband is working on our anniversary, and the kids are glued to the Xbox?  On most days I would be highly annoyed but today I really had my heart set on getting some sewing done, and since I have been looking at this memory quilt on the floor for over a week, I think it is time to finish it up.


I am done rearranging blocks every time I walk by it...


I had hoped to have it all ironed and sandwiched too, but I think it is time to peel the kids away from their video games and do something fun.  I can work on this tomorrow.  I am just happy, I got the quilt top put together today and off the floor.  

Of course, today just wouldn't be complete if I didn't share a picture... 

 

Here we are on our wedding day some 16 years ago.

Of course, if I was a good wife I might make him something yummy for dinner tonight...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you and your husband enjoy a very happy Anniversary. What a lovely wedding picture- you were a beautiful bride.
    The quilt looks like is is coming along nicely- Happy quilting to you too.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete