I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Quilt Project

For the last couple of days I have been working on a new quilt project.

As you can see it involves large half square triangles and stripes.  Lots and lots of stripes.  I love this fabric, it is one of my favorites.  It is made is by Robert Kaufman, in his Pimatex Basic line, This particular print is called Chocolate, and I think it is perfect for a little baby boy quilt.


I am still working on the layout.  I am not quite sure if I want the design going down the middle or if I want it off centered a bit.  In my mind there are more white blocks on either side of the layout shown.
What do you think?  Minimize the open white space or maximize it?


This is a basic block, nothing new, just 2 HST's sewn together, but I had to cut and piece them differently than I would have normally cut and pieced a HST block.  It was important for the design of the quilt that the stripe in the fabric stay straight and go in a certain direction.


I love that this quilt is all about fabric and layout.  Nothing fancy just quilting in its most simplistic form.

5 comments:

  1. I love quilts like this made from stripes and the blues and browns are perfect! Every time I see cool striped fabric I have to stop myself from buying it because goodness knows I have enough projects.

    I would have it off center a bit I think but it is hard to tell without seeing it. Maybe I will have to fly out for a visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty! Love the stripe! :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.