I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Bright Triangles - A Finished Quilt

 My Bright Triangles quilt is done. I love all the bright happy colors, and how the basic half square triangle block, combined with the white, allows each print to pop.
As I mentioned in my last post, I was unsure about what I was going to do with this quilt.  So now, after much internal debate, I have decided that I will be listing this quilt, along with some others, in my Etsy shop.  I am hoping that someone will love this quilt as much as I do and want to purchase it.  As for my sister's friend that is having a baby this winter, my sister and I have decided to go together and pick out some prints special for the new baby, that match the nursery.
When quilting this, I simply echoed each triangle.  It was a little time consuming, but I love the effect it gave the quilt after I took it out of the dryer.  The back is a single novelty print that I picked up at my local quilt shop.  It is fun and colorful and I think it compliments the front perfectly.  But I have to admit, I was slightly concerned when I washed this because red and white don't normally mix well in the washing machine.  Thankfully, Shout Color Catcher is an awesome product and if you have never used it before I highly recommend doing so.  
Quilt Details:
Finished Quilt Measurements: 40" x 50"
Block and Piecing: 63 - 6 1/2" HST, in a 7 x 9 layout
Quilting: Straight line quilting, echoing each triangle 

I will be linking this up to Sew Modern Monday, Fabric Tuesday, and some of these other great linky parties.

9 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I think I might make one just like it with a charm pack that I recently picked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Congrats on another completed project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!!! Great use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt. The points look really precise. The quilting really makes it a standout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so bright and beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! I'm really itching to do a quilt like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job!!! it is so bright and fun and i love the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute quilt! I love the bright colors against white. And all your seams match up so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it! found you via craftomaniac.

    hope you'll enter my giveaway:

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/more-stencil-splendor-giveaway.html

    michele

    ReplyDelete