Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quilt Bee Blocks and Swaps


One of my on going quilting bees is Twist on Tradition.  This month Danielle asked us to make a Lemoyne Star out of the blue and white fabrics that she sent us.  I had never seen this block made from HST's before, but it was refreshingly easier than the quilt I made from pieced diamonds years ago.  Yeah!  I love learning new ways to make a classic block.


Last month I joined the Make Mine Modern Swap, and then last Saturday the postman left this at my doorstep.  Lynne, who blogs at Miss Stash Would, totally spoiled me when she sent me this package.  Just look at all these goodies.  Fabric and notions, Oh my!  She even made me this fabulous art quilt.  Isn't it lovely?  I couldn't have been more pleased and I really appreciated all the time and care she took in putting this together for me.


After all the swap deadlines I had in August I have been taking a little break but of course I couldn't stay away for too long... I just recently signed up for two more swaps via Flickr, Sewn Spaces Swap - Pincushions, and the Hanging Hoop Wall Pocket Swap.  I am very excited about this, because there is nothing like a swap to get the creative juices flowing and these two look like fun.

2 comments:

  1. Love the half square triangle LeMoyne star. Could you tell me where you got the pattern from? I can only find the traditional one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I didn't get the directions online. The directions came with the fabic in the mail as part of the Twist on Tradition Quilt Bee.

      Delete