I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Stash Report #3 - Happy Mochi Yum Yum

I know Sunday is almost over, but I just had to share what I added to my stash this week.  A fat quarter bundle of Kona Solids and Happy Mochi Yum Yum, by the very talented Monica Solorio-Snow, or the Happy Zombie as she is known by some.  Ever since its release last spring, it has been on my short list of fabrics that I really wanted to get my hands on.  Now that I have some I can hardly contain my excitement.  I definitely plan on adding more of her line to my collection.  I have the perfect quilt in mind for it, but I will need some more prints for it before I can begin.


I found this bundle in a great little Etsy shop called Sew Fresh Fabrics.  You might of heard of it, but if you haven't, you must take a minute and check them out.  They have a huge selection of fabrics and a bunch of these cute little bundles.  I love how they paired the Happy Mochi Yum Yum with a few Kona solids? A good call if you ask me.

  

I must admit I am not much of a online fabric shopper so this was a completely new experience for me.  I am very fortunate to have more than a few local quilt shops near by, so there hasn't been much need for me to go online, but I am really in love with this line, and I just couldn't find it locally. 


So, what have you added to your stash this week?  Leave a comment and let me know.  I would love to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be waiting to see what you make with this! I do all my fabric shopping online since the stores in my area don't carry the designer fabrics I like. I keep putting Happy Mochi Yum Yum in my basket but I end up taking it out again because I don't have any kids and the colours don't fit into our decor but I love these prints nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fabric. I just bought some Kona Natural, Snow and Pomegranate today. Nothing super exciting, but needed. :)

    I like your faux string quilt. I think Minki on the back of a quilt is a great idea and am glad to hear it went well - now I can try it. Thanks for being our guinea pig. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.