I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Stash Report #4

Wow!  Is it Sunday again already?  It has been a crazy busy week around here.  First, I wanted to mention that the candles I made last year have made Dani Marie Designs 2011 Ultimate DIY Gift Guide. You can check it out here.  How exciting!  I never thought that this quick gift that I did with my kids, would ever receive this much attention.  You can read the the original post here.

dm designs

Now on to the good stuff.   Little by little I am trying to add to my painfully sparse fabric stash every week.  So, I ventured out to my favorite quilt shop and picked up this fantastic dessert roll.   Someday, I hope to make a black and off white king size quilt to match my bed room, because it makes me sad that as a quilter, I do not have a proper quilt on my bed.  The shame!  So, I pulled the black and off white from the roll and added it to what I already have. You know, for a rainy day, as for the green, I am sure I can find something for that.

Authentic by Sweetwater for Moda
As for the rest of my day, I hope to finish up all the Halloween costumes that I am working on for the kids.  My oldest son is going to be a victim of Camp Disaster, complete with rubber snakes and spiders.  The girl is going to be a Butterfly with extra big wings and a black glittery tule skirt, which is now covering about 50% of my house.  Ugh!  My youngest, who is 3, is going to be a giant orange M&M.  I know, how cute!

So, what did you work on this weekend?  Did you start any new projects, or did you finish up any of the old ones?   I think I might be ready to start a new quilt, maybe I will join the Drunkard's Path Quilt A Long, hosted by Katie from Needle and Spatula, and Kristie from OCD: Obsessive Crafting Disorder.  I love a good scrap busting quilt.

 Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. This week I spent blogging about something quite important: It is not only the month for Halloween, but breast cancer awareness month!!! Treat yourself or a loved one because you care! I am just stopping by with a reminder to do your self breast exam.
    Here's a fun place to start! Everybody loves boob lube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p8pIHy2GRI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Authentic fabric - it will be so lovely in a B&W quilt.

    ReplyDelete