Friday, November 11, 2011

Modern Folded Star Mini Quilt


The other day I teased you with a sneak peak of my mini that I made for the Mini Quilt Challenge over at Amy Lou Who Sews.  The challenge was simple enough, make a mini, and share it as part of Amy’s Sew & Tell.  So, here it is, my Folded Star Mini. It is a play off the traditional folded star trivet. I added few more rows and used some bright and colorful Kona solids.

059
  This mini was a little bit of a challenge as I had never made a folded star quilt before, and most of the tutorials I found online only included the first couple of rows, but I think I did a good job or making sure all the prairie points lined up.  The hardest part was cutting the circle perfectly round and putting on the binding.  Let’s just say I am using this mini as a learning experience.  I have definitely learned a lot for next time.    
 
052
Quilt Details:
Fabrics: Kona, red, orange, chartreuse, aqua, crocus, and coal
Finished Quilt Measurements: about 14" circle                    
Blocks and Piecing: prairie points
Quilting: none needed it is a quilt as you go process

Today, I am linking this up to Amy’s Mini Quilt Challenge.  So head on over and check out what everybody else has made. Have a great day!

25 comments:

  1. Holy... crap.
    I don't think there are words. Amazing doesn't quite cut it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oolala! This is really fantastic! I could totally see in hanging in my home (ok...or yours!) in place of traditional artwork.
    Have you considered making your own tutorial for this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, that's a really different mini! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is flipping amazingly cool! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know what else to say... gorgeous! And love the color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Very interesting! Love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me swoon! I love it but it looks like far too much work. I think you should send it to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I just had to see after that little teasing peek you gave us the other day! I am in love with rainbowy things, this really is fantastic, now I just have to figure out how in the world you did that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just gorgeous! And it's all Prairie Points? I love it!! Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is beautiful! The colours are gorgeous! How the heck did you do all those points so that the quilt is 14" in diameter?! Impressive! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! It turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! I am going to have to google this and try it myself. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - That's really cool. I imagine it's heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really really cool...I want to touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning!! Amazing work and I love the colours you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That mini quilt is so pretty! It would make such beautiful wall art. I am so bookmarking this so that one day when I have time I can try and make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow... I have never seen anything like that before! It's really beautiful. You chose some great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Please tell me you made a trial run of this and would love to send it to someone to cherish??? lol Could you please share exactly which tutorial you used so I might have a try at making one of these babies for me. Great work.

    Hugs
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stumbled upon this after finding your pattern on craftsy... this is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete