I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday

It has been a very unproductive week around here.  I don’t think I touched my machine all week, as you can see from my lack of posts.  My best friend from from high school, who lives 2,000 miles away, came down for the week to spend Thanksgiving with us.  We had a great visit and keep very busy relaxing on the beach and such.

New Projects:

026

My friends daughter all but fell in love with my minky backed Faux String Quilt.  She slept with every night and dragged it around the house all week.  If I wasn’t so in love with it myself I would have given it to her to bring home.  Instead I brought her to the fabric store to pick out her own piece of Minky, then we hit my stash to pick out some fabrics.  Oh, to be young and carefree and not over analyze your choices.  She just picked out what she liked.  Now to do something interesting with this color combination…..

Ongoing Projects:

020

I am still working on my Drunkards Path quilt from the Needle and Spatula QAL.  I am sure you guys are sick of looking at it by now, so here is a little sneak peak of the back.  I stepped out of my comfort zone with the machine quilting and I am really loving the results.  I only have but a few rows left and this quilt will be done.  I am really hoping that over the next couple of days I can accomplish this, because this week is the link up to share your finished quilts and see the quilts everybody else made.

013

I also wanted to give a quick shout out to the owner of the local quilt shop I frequent.  I stopped by yesterday because, you know, because with only a couple of rows left I ran out of thread.  Don’t you hate when that happens?  Well anyways, she was out of stock and I just about died.  Are kidding me?  Seriously, out of stock?  and without even having to explain my predicament she pulled out a spool from her own personal stash for me to use free of charge.  How nice was that!   Just a little extra incentive to finish up this quilt today.  I really want to return this thread as soon as possible in case she needs it for something. 

Bee Blocks:

014

My blocks are starting to come in from the Twist on Tradition Bee and I can’t wait to get started on this quilt.

Now it is time to head on over to Freshly Pieced and check out what everybody else has going on for Work in Progress Wednesday. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Love your Drunkard's Path quilting! Way to go, stepping outside of your comfort zone on that. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the stitching! I haven't have the guts to make a drunkard's path so kudos to you! I think its fun and sweet that you let you daughter pick her fabrics, I will have to check back and see what you've done with her challenge, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilting and the little snipit of the blocks in the quilt. I will have to try this quilting technique, never seen it before. I saw this at WIP. Thanks for sharing.

    @pril
    KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.