Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Work in Progress Wednesday–One Year Later…

Grab a button:

Today, Lee over at Freshly Pieced is celebrating one year of Work in Progress Wednesdays.  I can't believe it has been a whole year.   Lately, it seems that I have been less than organized and spotty at best about my postings, but this link up has been a great way for me to keep organized and get my projects done.  Not to mention the inspiration I have gotten from the other quilters who link up on a regular bias.  I love reading through their blogs and seeing what they have going on.  I have found some of my favorite quilt blogs this way.
   
039
First up, Kate from Needle and Spatula is hosting this Drunkard’s Path Quilt-a-Long and I couldn’t help but join in.  Curved piecing and I have never quite got along till now.  She showed me a quick and easy way to put these blocks together with no pins.  I am loving the results.  I have the quilt top put together so far, but I think it needs another row.  It seems a little short and a quilt needs to be able to cover your toes or what’s the use.  :)

059
Yesterday, I put together this little mini for Amy Lou Who’s Mini Quilt Challenge.  So, be sure to check back on Friday for the big reveal.

069
Lastly, I have been working on this pincushion and needle book, for the Sewn Spaces Pincushion Swap via Flickr.  I finally sent it out yesterday with some goodies, and I hope my partner is likes it.  This pincushion was the inspiration for my Big Chunk Pincushion Tutorial I posted the other day.

Now it is time to head on over to Freshly Pieced and check out what everybody else has going on for Work in Progress Wednesday.  Have a great day!
A Girl

30 comments:

  1. That drunkard's path quilt is really cool! I love how many different patterns can be made with that one block! And very cool mini! I keep saying I want to make one for that challenge but here it is Wednesday and I haven't even started one, oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in that mini quilt! So pretty...

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your swap gift is just wonderful! and the drunkard's path quilt? beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Drunkards Path is great! Love your colors. Thanks for the link too. I will have to sneak over there and check out her tips.
    That mini rocks! Dang and Double Dang!

    I have your Big Chunk at the top of my to do list for pin cushions. I have had a jar of filling waiting for the right one to come along. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! that Drunkard's Path is beautiful...so cheerful...great job!!! And I can't wait to see this mini...what I see is just way too sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that mini quilt challenge piece is FABULOUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. The drunkard's path progress looks great. I love how everyone lays that block out slightly different, and with such varied results. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your drunkard's path quilt! The color palette is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen a few drunkard's path quilts now and I have to admit yours is my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing work! I can't wait to see the finished mini-quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again, love Big Chunk! Can't wait to see the mini - it looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that mini quilt! And so glad you're still at WIP Wed!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is all lovely - that mini is so colourful and graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your projects! Thanks to Lee for introducing me to all these wonderful new blogs (new to me, that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your drunkards' path top is great -- it's so happy! And your mini is really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mini is sooooo cool! I can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those scallops were the perfect choice!! Totally in love with it.. and can't wait to see the mini you have been up to! See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like how your Drunkard's Path quilt is coming together, great job! Love the scallop layout!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The drunkard's path is so cute, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your dp looks awesome!! So glad that the tute worked well for you :)

    And wowzers, that mini is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your Drunkard's Path - they're normally not my favorite but your are stunning I have to say. And the scallop... oh wow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Takes my breath away... Are you linking up with tgiffriday at quiltmatters.blogspot.com? C u there maybe

    ReplyDelete
  23. that top design is awesome...well, so is the second photo. I would have no idea how to start making those.
    I love the little pouches too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had forgotten that I had found your blog through WIP Wednesday until I realized that you were one of the original eight. :) Love the mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous mini! Love the drunkard's path!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am astounded at the mini. Beautiful. Also love the colors of the drunkards path. I am still scared of curves.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your drunkard's path looks great, but that mini looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. your DPQAL is coming along great! and I agree, a quilt really must cover down to your toes :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your drunkard's path is wonderful! I actually "favorited" your mini quilt on flickr last week, I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh wow..the glimpse of that mini quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete