I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Modern Triangles QAL {Fabric Selection}

Welcome to the first week of the Modern Triangles Quilt A Long, and without further adieu here is the big reveal of what we will be making.  Keep in mind that this is not a finished quilt but progress on my quilt top.  I will be quilting a long with you only jumping ahead to work out any math or measurements.
016
It is a modern version of the classic Pyramid quilt.  I constructed equilateral triangles units and then assembled them into rows.  Finished quilt size will be approximately 40” by 40”. 
027
This is a great scrap busting quilt that can be accented with the solid fabrics, or without, depending on the look you want to achieve.  For the quilt shown above you will want between 6-8 printed fat quarters or about 56 (2” by 18”) printed strips, and 4 different solid fat quarters.  Keep in mind you can make this quilt in any size by adding more fabrics.
003
I am very excited to finally be using my collection of Happy Mochi Yum Yum and some coordinating solids for this quilt.  The solids that I will be using are sour apple, bubble gum, orange, and snow.  (snow is not pictured)
Next week we will be discussing our cutting options and putting together our triangle units.  If you have any question or concerns about this Quilt A Long, please let me know.
Also, don’t forget to check our the blog roll on the side bar.  Keep up to date with the other bloggers involved in this quilt a long.  Want to be added?  Just leave a comment below and add the Modern Triangles QAL button to your blog.

4 comments:

  1. \Thanks...I see you have me on the list; I will definitely try to keep up with you....I wouldn't be upset if you gave me a nudge...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how I missed this.. but love how the design looks like diamonds in your current layout. Pretty!! I need to hop to it and pull some fabrics. I thinking of my Good Fortune scraps, but might just go totally scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. I have never seen this pattern before.

    ReplyDelete