Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Modern Triangles Quilt-Along {Introduction}


A Girl in Paradise
That’s right, my very first quilt-along, and I was hoping you would like to join me.  I have this idea to make a pyramid styled quilt, but with pieced equilateral triangles.  It is a simple design with a modern twist.  You can join at anytime and this quilt is suitable for every quilter.  I do, however, hope that you want to join in and make this quilt along with me, so to sweeten the pot, I am offering a prize and creating a blog roll.  That way there we can all get to know each other and keep up on our progress.
If you would like to be added to the blog roll please grab the Modern Triangles button and add it to your blog.  Then leave me a comment, or email me, telling me that you have, and I will add you to the blog roll.
008
I will be posting every Friday, as I know many of us like to sew on the weekends, and for you planners out there, the schedule will look something like this:

January 20 – Fabric Selection and Materials Needed

January 27 – Triangle Construction and Cutting Options

February 3 – Assembling Your Quilt Top

February 10 – Piecing the Back

February 17 – Machine Quilting Options and Bindings

February 24 – Show and Tell with Completed Quilts and Link-up

March 2 – Link-up Closes and Winner Announced

012
Anyone who links-up a Modern Triangle quilt during the Show and Tell Link-up, between February 24 and March 2 will be in eligible to win this bundle of Happy Mochi Yum Yum.
So, who is in?  I know I am! 
Next Friday, join me, and I will reveal the design and talk fabric….

8 comments:

  1. Not a blogger but I think I'm in, as long as I can use my stash - only resolution - no new fabric this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure can! This quilt will be great for those of you looking to destash a little and use up some of your scraps.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing the design. I have triangles on my wish list this year and am tempted so far. And who wouldn't want to play with a little Happy Mochi Yum Yum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try but since I am not driving right now because of surgery will have to depend on other people to pick up supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to join in; but can I let you know when I see more details....like the size of the quilt? I want to make sure I can fit it in....but it sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am TOTALLY in. I just bought some fabric from the clearance section and I am itching to make something. This will be my first quilt a long so I am stoked!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in, I put the button on my blog too. deathbydenim.blogspot.com

    Thanks for hosting this, I am so excited for my first quilt along.

    ReplyDelete