I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Stash #8

I have to say it has been really hard to get back into the swing of things.  I have gotten very little sewing, crafting and writing done since I took my little break. There has been just too many distractions, with the holidays, the kids home on winter break, and then my little one had an accident and lost his front tooth.  Which was very upsetting to say the least, I turned my head for a second and, pow, blood everywhere and a screaming 3 year old.  Thankfully, other than loosing his front tooth there was no permanent damage and the dentist is happy with the way everything has healed…. me on the other hand…  I may never get over it.  My child has become a cautionary tale and every time he gives me his toothless grin I flashback to the blood.

After all this drama, I was in immediate need of some fabric therapy, and it came to me in an unexpected bag of scraps from a friend.  Going through a bag like this is like Christmas morning all over again.  You just never know the surprises to be had and the little gems to be found.  Like this little discontinued charm pack from Moda. 

004

I am not usually a huge fan of reproduction prints, and this is definitely something I would have never bought for my self.  But isn’t that the best thing about a scrap bag?  All the fabrics you might have once over looked, now have new purpose.  This Moda 1933 charm pack by Chloe's Closet has given me a new source of inspiration and something new learn about.  I even went to the library yesterday and checked out a couple of books on 1930’s reproduction quilts.  Of course there isn’t enough fabric here for most of those quilts… but still… it is always fun to learn something new.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor baby, how scary! I bet your heart nearly stopped over that one :(

    The fabrics are beautiful...what a happy surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch!! Not nice :( Glad he's ok though!
    I adore those fabrics, I have a thing for 30s repro fabrics and have been collecting some so I can make a quilt for myself this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how your life can change so completely in the span of a single second, isn't it?
    I know you'll find that perfect project for your new prints.

    ReplyDelete