I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

For the last couple of weeks I have really been trying to get back in the swing of things.  That means sewing and blogging on a regular basis.  The holidays really threw me for a loop this year, and at this point I am really happy to be back on a regular schedule.  My main push has been completing those unfinished projects from last year…

Completed

014

…and thankfully, I can add this one to the completed pile and check it off my list.  Well, almost off my list.  I really need to put it in the mail, like asap!  But honestly, I was a little nervous about how it was going to come out.  Remember how my friend’s little girl picked out all the fabrics?  Well, it has been ages since I randomly put together fabrics without separating them with *gasp* some Kona white.  That’s right ladies, I’m stepping outside my comfort zone, but I am really happy with the results.  I am sure she is going to love it.  There is plenty of purple, pink and aqua to match her room, and it is backed in some super soft hot pink Minky.

New Projects

038

Sorry, I don’t have a better picture, but here is a sneak peek at what I have been working on for my Modern Triangles QAL.  I am so excited about this I can barely contain myself.  I have been wanting to do a QAL for the longest time, but things don’t always work out as you plan them.  My biggest fear has always been that I wouldn’t be able to commit the necessary time needed to complete the quilt.  Thankfully that is not an issue right now and I can go ahead as planned.

On Going Projects 

039

I have been working hard on completing a memory quilt for my son, it is now actually basted and ready to be quilted.  I can’t wait to cross this one off my list as well.  It has been sitting on my sewing table for far to long. 

Also, I have been working on my apple core quilt.  You remember the one, the one I am doing entirely by hand.  It has been slow going but my oldest just started guitar lesson, so that pretty much guarantees me about a half hour every week to work on it. 

That just leaves me with my 2010 scrap quilt that I may never finish.  If there were only more hours in the day for sewing.  Sadly, there is not, but we have been enjoying some cooler weather here in Florida, so there might be a little hope for some progress…

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world?  Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up.  There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Girl -- I am so in for the Modern Triangles QAL. I added the button to my blog (yay, didn't even have to re-learn how to add a button!) and Randi of freshsqueezedfabrics has a gorgeous new line on order (http://www.etsy.com/shop/freshsqueezedfabrics). Let's get this party started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy! I love your finished quilt especially the hot pink minky! What a lucky little girl!

    I'm intrigued by your modern triangles QAL. I'm too busy to take on another project right now, but maybe I can start one a little later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with your success in checking stuff of the UFO list. All of your projects look great - I'm excited to see how your triangles turn out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am liking the modern triangle QAL pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that top quilt for your friend's little girl - the backing looks so soft. I am sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is kind of scary when kids pick out fabrics, huh? ;) But it looks great. I have got to try using minky on my next baby quilt.

    I love the solids with the triangles. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.