I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

I was really hoping to have my memory quilt finished this week to share, but that didn’t really work out as planned.  It is basted and some of the machine quilting is almost done but other than that there is not much.  It has been a little slow going here in the sewing department but other areas of my life have been quite busy…. mainly the kids, as usual.  We have a Rosa Parks report to do.  It is a living wax museum project so we have to write a report, do a poster board, and dress up as that person.  And if that wasn’t enough, we have also been working on a project about the constellations.  My kids are fascinated by the stars so this has been really fun to do.  My daughter told me that she wanted to be an astronaut.  She is only eight, and not getting on the space shuttle any time soon, but honestly, I can’t bear the thought of her ever being that far from home.

Well back to the sewing stuff….

014

No new projects or completed projects to share this week, but I have been teaching my daughter to sew.  Isn’t this the cutest little machine ever?  My mother got it for her for Christmas.  It doesn’t work the best, but it fits her needs perfect.  Not to mention it is slower than my machine, so my anxiety level is kicked down a notch.  We haven’t started any quilts yet, just practicing sewing seams together on some scrap fabric.

On going projects:

Modern Triangles Quilt - Not much to report on for progress.  I have mainly been working on the triangle construction and cutting options to post on Friday for the QAL.  So, some writing and taking pictures, but not a whole lot of sewing.

Memory Quilt for my son – again like I said above, I am almost done machine quilting it, and hope to have it ready to bind this weekend.

Apple Core Quilt – Slow and steady, I got another row done this week while waiting for my son at his guitar lesson.

2010 Scrap Quilt – I didn’t even touch it, but I am hoping if I keep mentioning it here on my WIP post it will shame me into finishing it.  Maybe I will even bring it with me to work on when I get together with the girls on Friday to sew.  We’ll see…

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

3 comments:

  1. You are so busy....anxiously awaiting Friday...I am still up in the air over fabrics...but will get there....it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I had a picture of my daughter's little machine in my WIP post too! Good luck with all the projects, I'm glad I don't have to deal with those yet! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute little machine. Will it make your daughter's first space suit??

    ReplyDelete