I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Easy to Make Shoe Bling

This week at the mall I saw someone with some rhinestones on the heel of her shoe. She was very fashionable and clearly up on the latest fashion… something that eludes me most of the time. I am a busy mom that struggles to put an outfit together never mind accessorize it.

shoebling

Now, I am not sure if these rhinestones were part of her shoes or not but it occurred to me this was kind of sexy.  A little eye candy as you walk away, if you will.  So, why not add some to the only pair of black heels that I own.  You know for that rare occasion that my husband actually takes me out on a date and I actually put on that little black dress that hangs neglected in my closet.

022

These were ridiculously easy to make. 

I took some stretchy jelly cord (the kind you use for beading), strung 10 – 4mm pearls, and tied it together with a double knot.  Then I just added them to my shoes. 

Seriously, that was it. 

I did do some experimenting and found that if the jelly cord lays flat on the inside of your heel they stay put.  When I stung the pearls all the way around the heel they eventually rolled off.

038

I am sure that this is the kind of accessory that can be made a thousand different ways.  So, I challenge you to do just that.  Make some yourself and share them with us.  I can’t wait to see what you come up with.  Please be kind and don’t forget to link back to this post. 

I will be linking this project to some of these great linky parties.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a great inspiration! I love making accessories for my shoes but have never seen an idea like this before! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm your newest follower and would love it if you could drop by Moose Mouse Creations and maybe follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I miss the most in my life, is being able to wear high heels. I so have bed feet, but if I could I would definitely bling it up like you. Making it your own. Thanks for sharing your creative inspirations at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea! I would love for you to visit and link up at my Linky Party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea to spice up those shoes! I like it!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! I've just featured your project on my blog. I hope you come check it out and grab a featured badge.

    Thanks,
    Katie
    http://bestweddingideas.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. Ok: now i gotta do it too!! It just looks so gorgeous.

    btw did you see those DIY ruffle shoes on Fine Craft Guild? I bet that is right up your alley too. Easy to do and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea!~ Love the pearls, they are just a perfect accessory.. and I totally get the whole Mom thing.. I think I wear the same thing ALL the time.. and accessories? what accessories?
    Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party..can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big smiles when I saw this post. Loved it and featured it on this week's Motivated Monday at BeColorful. Thanks so much for linking up you fabulous shoe bling. :D
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hai Girl in Paradise ...

    Just to let you know that I am featuring you today:
    http://www.finecraftguild.com/best-home-decor-creative-diy-ideas/

    You are entitled to wear our ‘Featured’ badge on your blog,
    which you can find in the site top menu under ‘featured’.
    You deserve the honor as your project is just absolutely GREAT.

    Thank you in advance for linking back if/as you do.

    Have a happy day,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete