I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mini Valentine Treat Boxes

Happy Valentine’s Day!

028

Here is a quick and cute Valentine treat box that I made with my kids this weekend to give out to some family and friends today.

017

Here are a few things that you will need to get started.

  • heavy card stock
  • scissors
  • tape (double sided tape if you have it)
  • scrapbooking glue
  • paper cutter
  • ruler and cutting mat
  • dull butter knife (or something to score your paper) 
  • heart paper punch
  • black sharpie marker
  • black fine tip marker
  • candy of your choice

006

To make this covered box:

  • cut 2 squares out of your card stock, one 5” and the other 5 1/4” 
  • on both squares measure 1 1/2” in on all sides, score the card stock   
  • fold along the score lines
  • cut the 2 center score lines on the top and bottom edge, as pictured above.

Note: If you have a attachment for your paper cutter to score the card use that, if not, a dull butter knife and ruler works just as good.  Do not cut through the card stock with the knife, just make an indentation into the card stock to make it easier to fold.

012

Now it is time to make your box.  If you have double-sided tape use that, it will make your life a lot easier.  I, of course, did not.  So, I used regular tape and some scrapbooking glue.  Don’t use regular white glue because it will warp the paper. 

Fold in the 2 sides and tape together.  Then glue the outside flap to complete your box.

020

Next, I punched out 2 hearts out of my left over card stock and edged them with my black sharpie.  Then with a fine point sharpie I wrote in some cute conversation heart sayings.  My daughter helped me with this part as my mind was drawing a complete blank.  We had a good laugh and got a little silly as we picked out sayings for the recipients of our boxes.  Then we glued them to the top of our box and filled them with my favorite Dove chocolates.

030

I hope you have a great Valentine’s Day!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those are real cute little boxes! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, you are strong willed if that was me all the choccies would be long gone! Fi

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.