I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Pinball Swirl Pincushion

All finished an on its way!  Here the little pincushion I made for the Bee a {Modern} Swapper Pincushion swap. 
008
I really hope my partner likes it .  I did a bit of stalking and found she likes lots of bright, happy colors, check, and after seeing the mosaic she did for this swap I knew some paper piecing was in order.  Um… paper piecing?  Me and paper piecing don’t go way back.  I had only made a handful New York Beauties before attempting this block.  So, why not make it miniature… that will be easy right? 
This block is called a Pinball Swirl.  I had lots of problems with it in the beginning because it was so small but after some trail and error it finally came together.  I am glad I stuck with it because in the end I think it came out awesome and I am all kinds of proud of myself.  Now I just hope my partner likes it….
Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Edit to Post: If you would like to make your own check out my tutorial here.

21 comments:

  1. Wow!
    I love your pincushion!! are you going to write a tutorial for it? I would love to make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure if you want one. Check back soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm in this swap and I love bright happy colors and I definitely love this pin cushion! Hope it is for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pincushion. I just finished a pin cushion swap. So much fun. Doing an owl swap now ~ hey, how about an owl pin cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'd be so happy to get this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to make something similar... well a rainbow baby blanket actually... only mine went horribly wrong... yours is devine!

    http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/touchy-feely-baby-rug-gone-wrong.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty cushion! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cool. I love the pinwheel idea for a pincushion - beautiful work!

    Love for you to share this at my Wednesday's "Made by ME" linky party here:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/02/made-by-me-20-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very cute! What did you stuff it with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is stuffed with crushed walnut shells.

      Delete
  9. so sweet! your partner will love it! thank you for linking up at Uncommon!

    Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to make this. Hope you are going to do a tutorial or provide a link. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad everybody likes this pincushion. I should have the tutorial ready in about a week. :)

      Delete
  11. I'd love to receive this one! It looks really cute with all those colors and I just love the pinwheel pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever, colorful and cute. So happy you shared this on BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful pincushion! I would love it! Would love to have you come link-up at Finished it Friday! Have a fabulous weekend!
    ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE this pincushion! will be featuring it on the blog. thanks for sharing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pin cushion!!! Can't wait to see the TUT!!
    Traci
    @designsbytc

    ReplyDelete