I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

Focus, Focus, Focus that has been my motto this week.  Sometimes when it comes to my crafts I have a serious case of Crafters ADD and have trouble focusing on just one project at a time.  Either inspiration strikes and I need to work something out in my brain or I jump from project to project all the while getting nothing done.  This week I am happy to say this was not the case.  I actually made some progress on the things I have been working on.

Finished

The memory quilt for my son.

002

New Projects

Pinball Swirl

A pincushion for the Bee a {Modern} Swapper swap.  I am excited to be trying something new, and challenging myself to learn a new technique.  I haven’t done much foundation piecing before but can’t wait to give it a try.  At this point any pointers any of you may have would be greatly appreciated.  Wish me luck!

On going projects:

Sewing with my daughter – We have been working on some 4 patch quilt blocks for 4 Patches 4 Hope.  The blocks will be donated so comfort quilts can be made for those undergoing cancer treatments.  It is an easy way to help out others and use up some of those fabric scraps.  I am so proud of her for wanting and being excited about helping others.

Modern Triangles Quilt Along – I have the picked out the layout and assembled the quilt top.  I am so excited about this quilt and cant wait to share more on Friday. 

Apple Core Quilt – Some progress…

IMG_6815

2010 Scrap Quilt – I am not even going to mention it… still sitting there, untouched.

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your sons quilt. You are very busy there. I am anxious to see the Modern Triangle together too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your memory quilt. I just bought a ton of shape flex interfacing to do two memory quilts, so the more I see awesome memory quilts, the more excited I get. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your memory quilt is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love memory quilts! Yours is no exception.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.