I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

Finally, some love for my scrap quilt.  With the Super Bowl and some rainy weather I have been snuggled under this quilt getting a good portion of it done.  I might actually see it done in the near future.  Unfortunately, most of my other projects have sat neglected and I have no new projects to share….

IMG_6742

… except that my awesome husband made me a new design wall.  We used the Oh Fransson! Making a Design Wall tutorial and it was super easy.  Just a board of foam insulation from Home Depot, some white cotton batting, and duct tape.  Of course, I would have loved the mac daddy design wall that she made, but I need it to be semi portable, so guess it is half a design wall for me.  

032

On going projects:

Modern Triangles Quilt Along – I have the quilt top done and the back all pieced, now I just need to sandwich it all together.

My pincushion for the Bee a {Modern} Swapper swap – my first attempt at foundation piecing was unsuccessful.  I used muslin, but this time I think I will try paper.  Hopefully I will have better luck the second time around.

Sewing with my daughter – We are still making some 4 patch quilt blocks for 4 Patches 4 Hope. She is doing really well and cranking out some awesome blocks. 

Apple Core Quilt – A little more progress…

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

11 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great and the design wall is brilliant, well done that man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrappy quilt! And I just found your modern triangles quilt along - it's such a cool design, wow! Do I have time for another quilt along, hmmmm?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great scrap quilt - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scrappy quilt! I wonder if I can talk my hubby into a design wall....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your piece that you're quilting. And anxious to see the back for the Modern Triangles too..lol I need a desgin wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your scrappy quilt! Hooray for the Super Bowl, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love the scrappy quilt! Longing for space for a design wall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool scrappy quilt! I love the Modern Triangles QAL - glad to have found your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for getting some quilting done! I am very jealous of your design wall too. It is on my to-do list for when we move house (and I take over a whole room just for me!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your new design wall. It looks great! As does your scrappy quilt. I just love scrappy!:)

    ReplyDelete