I am no longer actively blogging here but I’d love if you could join me at my new creative lifestyle blog A Girl in Paradise.
I hope to see you soon.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

You may or may not remember but a couple of weeks ago I finished a memory quilt for my oldest son.  Now, I have pulled out, sorted, and washed some clothes for my next memory quilt.  This time I am going to make a quilt for my daughter, but I am taking a departure from baby clothes and making her a quilt out of all the dress my mother made for her when she was a toddler.  I haven’t quite figured out the layout or block, but no rush, when it comes to me I will know.  

004

I have also been doing a bit of housecleaning on the blog.  I have updated the About Me page above and even added a picture of myself.  I am generally very shy about putting myself out there, so this was a big step for me, but I felt it was time.  

I also, took some time and organized my Tutorials page.  I had no idea that I had this many tutorials.  This has been on my list of things to do for a long time now and I am very happy with the results.  I would love to hear what you think.

New projects:

Modern Folder Star Mini Quilt – Remember this mini quilt that I made last year for the Mini Quilt Challenge over at Amy Lou Who Sews?  Well it has been very popular on Pinterest and a couple of people ask for a tutorial.  So, here you go.  The squares are cut and ready to go.  I am using my Sugar Creek fabric by Denyse Schmidt.  I just couldn’t wait to cut into it.

003 

On going projects:

Modern Triangles Quilt Along – This quilt is finished!  I am so excited, it came out better than I expected, I even love the back of it.  I can’t wait for the big reveal on Friday.

002

My pincushion for the Bee a {Modern} Swapper swap – I didn’t even touch it.  After all the trouble I had with it last week, I just needed a break from it. 

Apple Core Quilt – A little more progress… but not much.

2010 Scrap Quilt – Don’t ask… I haven’t touched it since the Super Bowl.  Seriously, I never thought I would “need” time in front of the TV to get this done.  I might need to download a good series off of Netflix this weekend.  Any suggestions?

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up. There you will find other talented quilters and hear all about what they have going on.

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what inspires you for your memory quilt. I'm going to do a baby clothes one, as soon as my baby isn't a baby anymore.

    Hmmmmm, a good series? I never get tired of Downton Abbey, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice quilt Ann...I am so anxious for Friday!! Binding mine tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Modern Triangles are beautiful and it will be fun to see what you make with all those sweet little dresses! Keeping a blog organized can really take time.
    Quilting by the River

    ReplyDelete
  4. The memory quilt for your daughter will just be so precious, such a great idea using those dresses!
    The modern triangles QAL looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of Wonderful in this post!! That Modern Triangles quilt is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete