Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday

What a week!  Busy, busy, busy! 

I have loads to share and I have put a few things on the back burner.  I have been feeling very overwhelmed lately.  I don’t know why, I just do.  So, I decided to put a few projects away, concentrate more on my family, and just do to the things that inspire me in the moment.  The pressure I was putting on myself was sucking the fun out my life.  Not cool. 

That being said I do have a few fun things to share with you that I am very excited about. 

008

Finished Projects

My pincushion for the Bee a {Modern} Swapper swap is done.  You can read more about this Pincushion here.  I break from it was just what I needed.  I just love how it came out.

My quilt for the Modern Triangles Quilt Along is done and you can read more about that quilt here.

New Projects

002

Doll Quilt Swap 12 – I am in the current round of the Doll Quilt Swap and have been spending most of my free time working on this.  Above is a little sneak peak.  I even did a little block for the back.  I love that I had to challenge myself and jump outside my comfort zone.  In this round they have changed things up a bit.  First, they gave you 5 blocks to chose from the churn dash or shoofly, log cabin, drunkards path, NY beauty, or flying geese.  I picked the NY beauty because it is a block I have never made before and it looked kind of hard.  The second thing they changed was that they don’t want you to use white or off white.  Wait.. what?  No white background?  That is something that is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I can’t wait to share more of this mini once it is finished and in the mail.

On Going Projects

030

I am still working on my Modern Folder Star Mini Quilt tutorial.  It is coming along nicely and should be ready soon.

On Hold

Memory Quilt for my Daughter

Apple Core Quilt

2010 Scrap Quilt

Want to hear more of what’s going on in the quilt world? Hop on over to Freshly Pieced and check out her Work in Progress Wednesday link-up.  This week you will even find a giveaway for some thread.  Definitely worth checking out. 

13 comments:

  1. Some seriously cool projects on the go. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pincushion. So colorful and beautiful. And I totally relate with stepping back. It is amazing how much needless stress we place upon ourselves sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best thing I ever did. I got all kinds of things accomplished this week.

      Delete
  3. I really LOVE the pincushion!! They are one of my favorite things ever, I saw on the other post that you may do a tutorial too, that would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, watch for it it should be ready in about a week or so. :)

      Delete
  4. Your pin cushion looks great! I really like that, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're keeping it fun. Love what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects and fabulous colours. Really love what you are doing with the Doll Quilt Swap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your doll quilt...and the star you are working on

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love your pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute!!! I love the pincushion.

    I'm a new follower from the Sunday Social Blog Hop! love your blog :)

    xo,
    Ashley
    http://mistergandmecrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely!

    Would you like to check out my blog?

    godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    ♥Godsgirlz1

    ReplyDelete