Monday, March 26, 2012

Building Blocks with Friends…. What do you think?

I am starting a new feature in April called Building Blocks with Friends.  My goal with this new feature is help promote Modern Quilting and the talented Modern Quilt Bloggers.

BuildingBlocksWithFriends

What it is

Building Blocks with Friends is a way for you to showcase your talent and get a little free PR for your blog.  My goal is to feature a quilt blog every Monday and for you to share your Quilt Block or a unique tip or trick in the form of a tutorial.

Are you with me so far?  Interested?  Want to know more?

Getting on the List

Blogs will be featured in the order in which I receive your request.  You can either leave me a comment below letting me know you are interested or you can e-mail me directly at agirlinparadise@gmail.com.

What you should include in that e-mail

Be sure to put Building Blocks with Friends in the subject line so it doesn’t get lost in the mix.  Your e-mail should include a brief description of your block, tip or trick, a link to your blog, and a picture of the block if you have one.

What I need from you

I will need you to send me an unpublished post of the block tutorial in html.  (I can help you with this part if you don’t know how) It must be a block of your own design and if it based on a traditional block please give proper credit to the original source.  A finished quilt is not required for this post but a small finished mini of at least 4 blocks is suggested.  In this unpublished post don’t forget to include a little about yourself and a link to your blog.  I would also like it if you could include a headshot, but it is not mandatory.

Once you are on the list and we have confirmed a date that your block will be featured I will send you a “I was featured button” for your blog.  Although you are not required to put that button on your blog, a quick post that day about your feature with a link to A Girl in Paradise would be appreciated.

That day I will also promote your feature through other social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook, and I have created a Building Blocks with Friends Directory page so my readers can always refer back to your tutorial at anytime.  Hopefully this will result in more traffic to your blog.

I hope you are as excited about this as I am.  So, show me what you got!

 

Subscribe to Updates - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. I would be interested. Can I get back to you on specifics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun. I would need some prep time but I have an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *I can't wait to see your guest poster's ideas. Love this idea.
    ~Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva

    ReplyDelete