Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quilt Trends Magazine Review

Quilt Trends is a new magazine and I was given a copy and asked to write a review.  I know, tough life huh?  But I persevered and diligently read it from cover to cover, and I was not disappointed.

003

It is filled with 16 beautiful quilts to create, inspire and improve your sewing skills.  The instruction are easy to follow and well written.  A confident beginner could make all of the projects in this issue.  The cover quilt this issue features, Elephant March, it is made by Melissa Lunden and Cynthia Mann and uses Mod Basic fabric designed by Cynthia Mann for Birch Organic Fabric.  It would have to be my favorite.  As a mom of 2 boys I am always on the hunt for fabrics and quilts that are not to girly.

007

Along with the quilts there are several other features to check out including Book Shop, a review of 4 modern quilt and sewing books, including Modern Mix by Jessica Levitt and Make it Sew Modern by Vanessa Christenson.  This issue also included a great article about the Top 10 Trends in Art Quilts and featured several designer profiles.  I especially enjoyed reading about Deborah Edwards and Kaffe Fassett.  It is always interesting to read about how other designers create and where they draw their inspiration from.

004

I will definitely be filling out my subscription card today.  Quilt Trends distributes 4 times a year and offers either a 1 year or 2 year subscription, the best deal being there 2 year subscription.

009

I really hope you take a minute and check out Quilt Trends at your local newsstand.  I would love to hear what you think.

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like it is a sister magazine to the Quilter magazine. I do like The quilter" - it does have some nice patterns and its very readable. Thanks for sharing.
    Regards from Western Canada,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete